Sunday, July 8, 2012

Korean Thanksgiving Day Foods

What is My Favorite Holiday Food Memory

     In Korea, there are two biggest holidays which are the lunar New Year’s Day and the Korean Thanksgiving Day.  Traditional foods eaten on these days are very similar.  I like the Korean Thanksgiving Day’s food more than New Year’s Day.  We call the Korean Thanksgiving Day as Chuseok.  Chuseok is every August 15th according to the lunar calendar.  We prepare a lot of food at Chuseok.  They are very various and little different each regions.  By the way, my favorite Chuseok foods are 'Dong grang Thang'(Korean style meat ball), 'Japchae'(Korean style noodles), 'Yakphab'(sweet sticky rice with nuts and dates), and 'Sujeong gwa'(persimmon punch).  I make a Korean style meat ball with all members of my family.  Because, making this meat ball needs many processes.  I like that time, even though it’s not easy to make.  Actually, I eat this meat ball more than other my family. ;)  Some Korean traditional foods are not easy to cook.  So, I can eat some kind of food only at Chuseok.  That’s why every after Chuseok I usually get fat.  Anyway, I can meet all of my family and relatives at Chuseok.  We cook together, and spend time.  It’s very warm time, and it can remind us sense of belonging.  I really miss my family, and the foods too!

2 comments:

  1. it's same as Chinese food.I also miss my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!__!)/ because we are similar! I want to go China in near future. My younger brother lives in China now. I really miss him. :)

      Delete